This would be one of your first stages of your wedding planning journey and it is a very exciting step. You will be spending most of your time on your wedding day at your venue so take your time in choosing your venue, you want it to be right for you. Be aware of being too specific in what you want from a venue. Too specific and you will struggle to find a venue.
1. Think very carefully about the process of your wedding day. It is a good idea to reflect on what type of ceremony you will have as this will determine what type of venue and also where your venue will be located i.e. will you have a church service and therefore do you need to be near your church, will you have a registrar and therefore will you need a licensed venue.
2. It is a good idea to consider other deciding factors such as whether you want an external caterer as some venues will only allow their own internal catering, also think about things like are they child friendly.
3. Be very conscious of your budget. Remember what portion of your budget you allocated to your venue and be very aware that there will be venues well out of your budget, don’t get your heart set on a venue that is out of your budget.
4. Think about location. Your location will influence the cost, if you are wanting a venue in London for example be aware that this will cost you more than if you chose to use a venue in the Lake District for example. Your location will also be influenced by ease of access. Think about how easy it will be for your guests to travel to your venue.
5. You will need to take into account the number of guests. Remember the more guests you have, the harder it will be to find a venue that ticks all the boxes and can fit your number of guests. If you have your heart set on a venue but won’t accommodate your number of guests, consider reducing your guest list.
Full Wedding Planning Service